Saturday, February 27, 2016

Light Bar, Light Saber, Light strip, DIY, Lighting

So I made this lighting diffuser, based off of The Angry Photographer's Light Strip lighting thing. My version is a little different, I'll get around to that in a day or two, heres some photos to show case this thing.

Build. I used a longer type cardboard box, cut one side out (that leaves 3 left) and also cut one of the bottoms out. I sprayed white paint inside the box thoroughly and and then let it dry. Afterwards when the paint is DRY, I layed down a layer of duct tape that is reflective. You can find at probably any hardware store in the area they keep ducting stuff.  As per Angry's box he made a modular piece that easily removes from the main reflective piece. That removable piece is for the speedlite unit. It should be easy to open and use. I didn't use a cover for the open part of the reflector piece, as Angry did, he used laminated tracing paper, neither item I posses, nor do I feel like going out to laminate some tracing paper. I also didn't not apply the reflective tape on the inside all over, just the bottom.













2 comments:

  1. Nice job. gotta make one of these soon, but playing with PLM's,ringlight,snoots. not enough time in the day.
    Hope you post more pics

    ReplyDelete